




After 6 years of living in California, Mike and I said good-bye to the Golden State and started a new journey in life. We’re excited to announce that we are now in Denver. It’s been on our wish list for quite some time and with careful planning and a wonderful job we were able to make our dreams come true. We decided to not have the traditional move with the U-Haul and the heavy expenses. Instead, we shipped our books, packed our cars, and left everything that wouldn’t fit behind. I didn’t know it was possible to pack our cars as much as we did. There literally was NO wiggle room in the car. Let’s just say that the 21 hour journey across the Western States was far from comfortable. While we will miss California we are extremely excited for this new time in our lives. I always wanted to live in California and I am so excited that life gave me that opportunity. Luckily, I can’t miss it too much because I’m there nearly every week for work so I still get my quick fix of the ocean and the palm trees. I added a picture of our last food outing as we journey to our new location, In N' Out Burger, the place I ate way too much because it was a 1 minute drive from our apartment. Just for fun, here are the top ten reasons I’m glad I lived in California (you know, like Letterman’s Top 10 just not funny):
10. I could drive 90 minutes any direction and be on vacation because of all Cali has to offer
9. I loved living in a liberal state that was very progressive
8. Fresh fruit and veggies all year round at the Farmer’s Market
7. Hearst Castle (I never got sick of it)
6. The Santa Barbara Cemetery (yes, I am morbid but you should see the tombstones there and you’d be amazed at who is buried there)
5. Because CO seems cheap after living in California (yikes)
4. Celebrities are a dime a dozen so no one really cares (especially in Santa Barbara)
3. The Palm Trees (do you think they will survive the CO climate?)
2. The Ocean (although I didn’t go in because I am terrified of sharks and was even on the beach one day when their was a great white sighting)
1. I met great friends and I met my husband
2 comments:
I also am so very glad you got to live in Cali! first of all for all the wonderful things it brought you in life! And for a great excuse for me to come visit!! Don't worry, I am just excited to come visit you in Denver as well! Miss ya!
Does it really take 21 hours to get from Santa Barbara to Denver? I had no idea it was that long of a drive. I'm glad you made it safely :)
Post a Comment