April 16, 2011 - BIG day in the life of Mike! Mike turned 30 on Saturday. Yes, I married younger...don't be shocked. We had a great day. It started with breakfast in bed, followed by presents and a couple yoohoo's to drink. For lunch we went to
Park Burger in the Cherry Creek neighborhood. After lunch we headed over to talk some pirate talk at the Pirates exhibit at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. We left highly educated. Apparently there has only been one pirate ship ever found and it was the Wydah which was found off the coast of Cape Cod. Also, for the few interested, pirates did not bury their treasure, they spent it! Duh, why did I never realize this? If I had a million dollars I sure as heck wouldn't bury it in the ground!!!! We also took a quick stop at Outdoor World in attempt to find Mike some hiking shoes, one of his birthday presents. Last stop on the Tour De Denver was the
Buckhorn Exchange. It's a pretty wild restaurant that is located literally in the heart of the Denver Housing Project. Completely safe hood, right? Not so much! This restaurant was the VERY first in Denver opening in 1893. It's quite the experience. Mike enjoyed some alligator tail, elk and buffalo. Lastly, home to have some ice cream cake and enjoy watching Mike try to blow out the candles that were not trick candles! Another year gone by, another year older, and now a whole new decade of fun!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday to Mike!! Looks like a fun day!! I especially love the candle footage!!!
Post a Comment