Three years later I still miss my Dad daily. When I'm having a difficult time, I wish more than anything I could pick up the phone and get some sound advice. What would it be like to hear his voice again? For him to help me navigate a challenging time? To be able to share what Ava and Ella are like now? And to just have a moment to hear his laugh. I can hear him laughing at the constant adventures of Ella & Ava. He'd appreciate Ella's independent and stubborn demeanor. I'm sure he'd tell me that it will serve her well in life. He'd appreciate Ava's sensitive side and her artistry. He'd encourage me to give her opportunities to shine and build her confidence.
As I was reading articles and studying the Gospel of Jesus Christ this morning, I can across this passage. I don't believe I stumbled across it by coincidence but because Heavenly Father needed me to hear this and to remind me, I am not alone and my Dad has not left me.....
"In our Heavenly Father’s great plan of happiness, ever remember that you are never alone! Many in this life, and more beyond the veil of mortality, even on this very day, are pleading your cause with the Lord. Great power has been given you through the ordinances you have received and the covenants you have made. Above all, your beloved Heavenly Father and His Son—our Savior Jesus Christ, our Advocate—are ever present to help you through life. In a deeply affecting teaching during the Savior’s mortal ministry, He extended an invitation to every living soul and therefore to each of us:
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
“Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
“For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light” (Matthew 11:28–30)."
I'm so grateful for my knowledge of Eternity. It truly is the best gift I have ever received. It's a constant reminder that life will always keep moving forward and that we can all be with our loved ones again someday. That knowledge lifts my burdens, it's strengthens my love and it helps my world to keep turning on difficult days.

No comments:
Post a Comment