


When you think big day you might think about a birthday, wedding, or graduation. In this case, Mike's big day was the day he went in for surgery. Two weeks ago Mike had four surgeries to correct a severely deviated septum. The picture attached is not for the faint of heart. We went into the hospital at 9 am and they prepped him for surgery. We then waited for the doctor for three hours. During that time a semi-big earthquake hit California. Luckily the shake didn't hurt anyone in SB and we were even more lucky that Mike wasn't under the knife during the big quake. Mike was in the surgery for four hours and then in the recovery room for another three hours. When I walked back to wake him up I lost it - meaning....I passed out. The nurse had to sit me down and get me some juice to get me back. I don't do well with hospitals but Mike was really beat up and the empathy pains set in quick. He was in bed for a week and then went back to the doctor to get the ice removed from his nostrils (sick). The picture I included was him four days after his surgery. I took another picture a few minutes ago. His nose is still swollen but it is healing well! During the time he was down I stayed at home and when I had to travel for work one of our friends came over and kept an eye on Mike (thanks Chris!). We waited for almost a year to have this surgery done because we had to get through some other things first. Pretty soon my husband will hopefully be able to breath like the rest of us!!!!
5 comments:
That must have been a hard thing for you guys to go through. I'm so glad Mike is feeling better!
Sorry that Mike had to go through that, but I laughed that you passed out...Brian would have done just the same thing!
I'm glad to hear that Mike is doing fine after surgery. It is always a little scary to have to go through an operation, but it sounds as if it will be a relief to have the problem corrected.
I'm glad things are ok....:) Lizzy...you passed out? Seriously?? You kill me! Did you have to be taken out in a wheelchair too??? :)
I am so glad to hear that Mike is doing better! That looks so brutal!! I am sure it will be all worth it though!
Post a Comment