The Walking Weekend














Hello Bloggers! This weekend was one that zapped the energy right out of me. I had a walk this weekend, the first of the season, so I spent most of my time focused on that. I spent Friday night in Santa Maria and met up with my friend Leslie from college. We ate at a great Mexican dive and got caught up on life. The next morning it was bright and early as the fundraising season swung into full gear with my first walk of the season. I got to catch up with a friend from HS there, Vanessa Ballam. She came and sang the national anthem to get things kicked off. The event was great - everything went smooth and it was a lot of fun. The pictures above include...Liz and one of her favorite volunteer fundraisers, Ethyl. Ethyl is 85 years old and she raises over $3K ever year. She gets everyone involved and has the most pleasant spirit of anyone! She isn't a heart survivor but is passionate about our cause. There is also a picture of the walkers leaving for their 5K, me and four of my staff, and a wife hugging her husband that survived heart disease.






After the walk I journeyed back to Santa Barbara and headed to the Sandcastle Festival with Mike. It was fun to see some of the sand creations. It was the perfect day, not to hot but not to cold. We played in the water for a few minutes and then headed home!

1 comment:

Parkside View said...

Liz,
You are such a sweetheart. I miss being around you and enjoying all of your positive energy! Love ya!