

Last weekend we went to Estes Park to escape the city for a short trip. If you've seen the moving, The Shining, then you might know that the famous Stanley Hotel was Stephen King's inspiration for the movie. Mike and I really wanted to experience this haunted phenomenon. We took the ghost tour and walked all the halls where the ghost children and maids roam at night. I can't say I am clarvoyant or necessarily even believe in ghosts but it was still fun. There was no ghoulish surprises for us but I was still on edge enough that I had to sleep with the light on. Word to the wise, it's a historic hotel and the rooms aren't worth the price but the experience was fun. We hit some HEAVY snow on the way home which made for a treachurous drive! I added a few views from our room of the snow.
2 comments:
You guys are way too fun! I love all that you get out and do! I am not a bit jealous of your haunted ghost tour, that would haunt me for life! But loved all the pics of your fun times! I promise to call soon! Love ya!
I would probably sleep with the light on, too. I have never seen the entire movie, but I know enough about to expect a crazy Jack to hack his way through the door with an ax exclaiming, "Heeere's Johnny!"
Post a Comment