
I'll openly admit that when I was growing up I was fired on two separate occassions from my piano teacher. I wish I could say it was a personality conflict, but let's be honest, who would have a conflict with me? (OK, plently of people!) I simply wasn't practicing the fine art of discipline. Playing traditional music just didn't quite put me in the mood to practice so sadly, my piano lesson days were over. Don't you worry, I kept playing the piano, but at my own speed and with music that I liked. It's been 14 years now since I have lived somewhere with a piano and Mike and I decided it was time to make a change! As you know, pianos are pricey, but thanks to the modern miracles of Craigslist we were able to find one to our liking for a good price, thanks to my stellar negotiation skills! I've posted a picture but please don't mind that I have yet to put a picture on the wall. That's the next step in life. This one of kind piano is 101 years old and was made by one of the first piano companies in the United States. If I can age as well as this piano has then watch out world, here I come!
Special Note: Dear Mom and Dad - the good news is you didn't waste your money buying me a piano when I was young and paying for weekly lessons. You might have thought you did, but I'm going to prove your wrong!
Dear Piano Teachers (you know who you are) - you made a big mistake! Smile!
No comments:
Post a Comment