Shawn and Phil Visit





















There's nothing in the world like having visitors. I absolutely love having people in town and introducing them to the wonderful state that we live in. For the fourth of July weekend my sister, Shawn, and her husband, Phil, rode their motorcylce down from Nebraska for a quick visit. We packed our time with so many fun activities! We went to the Nature and Science Museum, the Rockies Game paired with fireworks, hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park paired with an awesome buffalo burger at Penelopes in Estes Park, a tasty barbeque, and more. It was so much fun to have them in town and we were so sad to see them go. This was my first time living in Denver staying here for the Patriotic weekend and I'll admit I quite enjoyed all the wonderful festivities that this city had to offer.

On the evening of the Fourth, Mike and I attended a Blues Traveller concert at Red Rocks. It was truly epic. Not only was the music amazing but a HUGE storm with rain, wind, and hail blew into the city and it rained on us for 5 hours. It made the experience even more enjoyable. I felt like I was in college all over again....staying up late, roughing out the storm and listening to a band of my college days (which were also quite epic!). If you want a taste of their music, click here

No comments: