Loving Ava


Ava meeting Jeff - my fertility accupuncturist

Ava sporting a pretty hair bow

Ava's first bath with hand clenched tight to daddy

The first of many photo shoots
Spending a little time with Gramma

Uncle Keith visits

Taking a little nap in the play pen

Mommy's Doctor - Dr. Weibe, even though she didn't make it in time for delivery we still love her!

Mommy and Me!

Ava turns one week old!

Measuring up against her bunny

Zoo Trip at one week old

First Bath

Mommy loving Ava!

Love

First of many photo shoots






Feeding time

Ava loves to have her hands up. She can escape even the best swaddles

Daddy loves Ava

Aunt Sarah and Uncle Matt visit

Almost a yawn

Smile big

Ava's Lowjack so she couldn't escape the hospital without mom and dad!

What a Proud Papa!

Grammy Jane and Aunt Judy visiting Ava in the hospital

Big yawn from such a little girl

Proud parents
Words can't express how much we love having Ava in our lives. She's such a joy...even in the middle of the night when all we can do is dream about sleeping. Tomorrow she hits her two week mark in the world and we've had a wonderful 13 days with her. She came home from the hospital on Friday, June 3rd (two days after delivery) and we were all extremely tired. I know most people are ready to rush out of the hospital but quite honestly we absolutely loved it there. The nurses were great, we got room service, it was a private room, and we had instant help when we had questions. The day after we got home we decided that I needed to get up and go walking so we walked a mile and it took 53 minutes...ya, it's been a slow recovery. I have horrible swelling that is just barely starting to come down. We have been so blessed to have good friends helping us by preparing meals and family over to help take care of the house and cook also. We've been to the doctor multiple times in the last two weeks. Ava has had a difficult time feeding and we've had to switch up formula and she doesn't like to dirty diapers. Infact, last night Mike had to give her a suppository. Oh my, I had to leave the room so I wouldn't have a complete crying breakdown. We go back to the doctor tomorrow to try and figure all of this out. On her first week birthday we took her to the zoo. I know, she couldn't really observe the animals but it was a fun family outing and a great way for me to walk. That evening Aunt Judy cooked us dinner and Ava had her first little birthday cake that mommy and daddy got to gobble up for her. Mike is back at work now and we miss him horribly. We love it when it's time for him to come home and play! I've posted some fun pictures of Ava from the last 13 days. Love her!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This little girl is AMAZING! I can't wait for July !!!
Love, Auntie Shawnie

Mandy said...

You look so happy . . . and your mom looks beside herself with joy! Congrats again!

Parkside View said...

Oh, man! Couldn't you just kiss those chubby cheeks all day long! She is so stinkin' adorable! And don't worry. You'll be getting better rest before you realize it.

What is it with first babies and not pooping? Don't they know that we're brand new at this parenting thing and stuff like that kind of freaks us out? Brevin would go weeks (maybe it was just days....but seemed like weeks) without a bowel movement and then, boy did he ever clear out his system! I would just stand by his side at the changing table and fill wipe after wipe after wipe as it just kept coming. Hmm...that might have been too much information.

Ella seems to be the same, too. But I'm not so concerned about it because she's my fourth. It's funny how much I've relaxed with each child. With Brevin I would have NEVER allowed him to have a Creamie before he turned one, and tonight I just let two of my boys not only share theirs with her, but Garrett thought it was funny to stick his in her eye. I laughed and videotaped it. Babies are a bit more resilient than I previously thought!

Julie said...

Congrats, Liz! She is so beautiful!! Amber is right that she has the most adorable cheeks. I hope I'll get to meet her in person before too long.
Since we're both likely awake much of the night at the moment, we should just call one another and pass the time chatting :-).
Love ya,
Julie

Butterfield Family said...

Liz, I'm so happy for you guys! She is so beautiful...I know I've said that already, but she really is! Isn't being a parent a crazy thing! Who knew you would be so caught up with how many times a day a person poops and pees! Love ya! Hope to see little Ava in person sometime!