10 Weeks

10 weeks old!!!! This was a big week for Ava. It was her first bath, believe it or not! We couldn’t put her in the tub because her cord fell off so early that it didn’t heal. The doctor put nitrate on it and it looks good now. Ava loved her bath time and had so much fun. She also went in the pool for the first time. It was so much fun to put her in the water in that tiny little swimsuit of hers. She was really tired so it didn’t seem to phase her much. In fact, I don’t think she even noticed the temperature change. On Tuesday we took her for a swallow test at our Children’s Hospital. She looked so cute in her baby gown (again). She did GREAT on the swallow test and there were no problems. I’m so glad because I don’t know how that could have been fixed. My dad and Mike were able to join us so we had the Ava cheering section that morning. We also got a very quick visit from Daisie and her kiddos but sadly I forget to snap a picture  Ava met her Grandpa Jerry and Nana Judy for the first this week also and they brought her some very special gifts, including a baby blanket that my Gramma made for her. My Gramma is 92 and has very weak fingers and she actually started making the blanket 2 years ago before we even knew Ava would be coming into our lives. It took her all that time to make it and a surgery in between. Ironically, it is the color of the paint in her rooms. What a special gift! Grandpa Jerry and Nana also brought a beautiful blanket, fun animals and clothes and a the book “I Love You Forever”, signed by the author who happens to be a friend of theirs. Ava will certainly treasure all the kindness.














2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey Liz ~ This is Tim Larson's wife. Just wanted to let you know we check in from time to time (more me actually). Your little girl is darling and so happy for you guys.

Parkside View said...

I love the pictures of her in her swimsuit. She is so adorable!