Just Do It

There are many great things in life that the Nike motto, "Just Do It" applies to. Right now it applies to two big things in my life. First, losing the remaining baby fat that is lingering on my tummy and hips (among other places). I gained an unbelievable amount of weight this last year and it is difficult to get off! I'm not nursing so that makes it even more complicated! As of today I have 32 pounds left to go! That's a ton but I have lost more than that so I'm on the downhill slope. I've been doing Weight Watchers (which is awesome) and I joined one of their challenges groups, lose 30 pounds by Christmas. I am so determined to make this happen. It's going to take a major boost in my workouts. I still have edema from my delivery and it won't disappear and I'm having knee problems too so let's hope those disappear. I'm also struggling with bizarre finger pain and I've seen four doctors now and no one has been able to figure it out. It set in right after Ava was born and has gotten worse over the last 15 weeks. I'm starting to present some classic symptoms of carpel tunnel so perhaps that is it. If you had problems with either, let me know what happened! Anyways, I need a cheering crew so I'll keep you updated every once in a while. The second thing that the Nike motto applies to is that I go back to work tomorrow. I'm like the Little Engine that Could, "I can do it, I can do it." It's going to be a very difficult transition back so wish me luck and let's hope all goes well!!!!

2 comments:

Parkside View said...

I love you Liz! I look forward to reading about all your success with your new goals. You go girl!

Mandy said...

Go Lizzie!
Right after my first baby started to gain lots of weight, I developed what the doc called a classic case of "Mother's Tendonitis." It was a shooting pain in my thumb, forefinger and wrist from the strain of carrying my chubby baby around all day. I got a special brace to wear that stabilized my wrist and hand and it worked like a charm . . . I've used it almost every baby since. Hope that helps!