I'm quite behind in posting on our blog! It's time to catch up so I'm starting in July with our Patriotic Celebration. This was an especially hot summer in Colorado and for anyone that follows the news you are aware that we had devastating fires in our colorful state. Since the fires were so bad and spreading so quickly all of the towns cancelled their fireworks show. It was sad that we weren't able to take Ava to see the sky light up but I know there is always next year.
We celebrated our Freedom by visiting Four Mile Historic Park. It was a great old fashioned Fourth of July celebration. We went on a carriage ride, talked to Abraham Lincoln and Uncle Sam, drank homeade rootbeer and visted the first house built in Denver. In the evening, Sarah and Matt (Mike's sister) came over and we had a barbeque while Ava enjoyed swim time in her pool.
No comments:
Post a Comment