Introducing Ella Jane

So excited to introduce our newest addition
 
Ella Jane
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Born: August 2nd at 9 a.m.
6 lbs and 9 oz
19 inches

Our second sweet little miracle child, Ella Jane, had a fun entrance into the world just like Ava. I went in for a C-Section because of the complications that I had with Ava's delivery. It was supposed to be a simple morning but where there is Liz, there is always some form of interesting. I was tested after my spinal block and could fill the knife poking at me. Because of my level of anxiety they decided they would make an incision as often times women complain they can feel the delivery when they can't. They started the incision to cut my stomach open and made it about 1 1/2 inches and I could feel everything! You can imagine, I was screaming in pain so they immediately put me under. Unfortunately that meant that Mike couldn't come back and witness the birth of Ella. They went into the hall and took him back to the recovery room to wait for Ella to arrive. Mike got to spend probably about 30 minutes with Ella before I was wheeled back in to the room. When I woke up for the anesthesia I was so confused. I still thought it was the night before and I still had to deliver. Then they put Ella in my arms. They had to hold on to her as I had no strength and it took what felt like forever for my eyes to focus so I could see my sweet little girl. When I could finally see her I knew she was perfect!

We stayed in the hospital for 5 days as I was recovering and also because Ella's weight dropped 11% and she wasn't doing a good job eating or having diapers for 42 hours. They just wanted to watch her. Like a champ, she gained a few ounces and we went home! We love having her in our family. She is so sweet and so simple. She has been a very easy baby - sleeps, eats and fills her diaper. Ava loves her and plays such a nurturing role with her. It's hard to imagine life before Ava and Ella!

 

No comments: