Ella Girl You Are Growing Up To Fast!

Dear Ella Girl,

I'm sorry it's been four months since I've written anything about your exciting adventures and loveable personality. Lots has happened since my last post & someday I'll be able to tell you all about it. In the last four months I have gone back to work and have desperately been trying to keep up. I'm still trying to heal from the spine trauma I got delivering you sweet girl. In fact, at this point I have had 3 lumbar injections, one sciatic notch injection, multiple dry needling sessions, physical therapy a nerve conduction study (painful!) and have taken more medicine than I will ever be comfortable with. All that fun and its  not even close to fixed. The swelling on my spine has come down considerably though. I'm also able to travel now and they are letting me test some minor exercising. Oh girlie, it's been a journey but you were worth it!
During this time your Daddy also got a new job for an investment firm. It's been a long road but we are so glad because that means he is able to spend more time with you and Ava. Daddy got the new job when you turned five months and we have all loved being at home eating dinner together again.
Right before you turned 6 months old your sweet Grandpa Jerry passed away from pancreatic cancer. He passed away the morning of January 22nd. It's been a hard time for me and your aunties. This loss has come way to early in life. I want you to know that your Grandpa loved you dearly. Although you only met him once I know that you loved him immediately because I watched you nuzzle your little head into his neck, something you don't commonly do. You wrapped your little fingers around his hand and held on tight. Within a month you travelled to Canada and you met him and then to Nebraska to celebrate his life at his Memorial Service. I promise you he will watch over you and that he's going to be a bigger part of your life than you will ever realize.
During this time you also met your Great Gramma Flo for the first time. You sat so well in her lap and played with her hand. I know you brought joy to her during an otherwise difficult time. Thank you for also bringing joy to others.
You've been sick a lot lately Ella Girl. Starting at 4 months all the way up to today you have been plagued with one thing after another. First, you had an ear infection and then you got a stomach virus that somehow turned to a bad infection. During this time you lost 2 pounds, could barely eat and had 20+ dirty diapers a day. Your body shut down so bad that you lost the ability to digest enzymes, meaning you weren't absorbing any nutrients. You have started gaining weight again (drinking soy now) but we are going to the doctor tomorrow to test you again. Just one week ago you got a horrible cold. I'm so glad you didn't get RSV but we have had you home almost the entire week. We've been steaming your lungs, putting on Vicks rub, saline in your nose and doing everything possible to keep this from getting worse. You poor little thing. You've been a champ through it all.
Just a few days ago your Daddy's sweet Papason (Grandpa Crites) passed away. He suffered a massive stroke just a few days before and they had just discovered bladder cancer. He lived a great life and lived to 93 years old. How grateful we are for that. I'm sorry he never got to hold you sweet girl. He would have been enamored with you as he was when he met Ava.
Times have been hard baby girl but you are our shining light. We are so blessed to have you in our life!

Now sweet girl, more about you....
  • You aren't eating solids yet, but only because of the string of illnesses and the fact that I was in Canada for several weeks
  • You sit and roll-over like a champ. You are so strong
  • You love your big sister, Ava. She makes you so happy. She loves you so much too. She's always worried about you. She watches over you at daycare.
  • You love to bounce. I can't believe how long you can bounce for - again and again.
  • You don't sleep through the night yet but you love your crib - all decked out in your lavender room
  • You are so sweet, rarely cry and are a very calm little girl
  • You don't like getting dressed, never have

Ella girl - you are so loved, as loved as a baby can be! Thank you for joining our family. I can't imagine life without you.

Love Always, Mom

first time you met your Grandpa

Your sweet nuzzle


Grandma Jane made you this outfit





Holding onto Grandpa's hand


You and Aunt Jessie

You and your cousin, Hannah

ready to cheer on the Broncos at the super bowl they lost

Visiting Gramma Flo at the nursing home








You are your cousin, Nick

Sweet 'Ella'phant

















No comments: