The last 6 months I have done a horrible job at keeping the blog updated. I'm going to try and back post some of our memories but first I want to share our most exciting news! We are having another little girl this coming August. We are beyond thrilled to be adding the little sweetie to our family and it was quite the unexpected miracle. I found out I was pregnant on December 3rd. I had this hunch of a feeling but of course, doubted myself with so many failed pregnancy tests in the past. Once I got that very faint pink line I immediately called the doctor and asked them to confirm through a blood test. My doctor was very surprised to see me in her office that day. She ordered the lab work STAT and said she'd call me that evening. I finally heard from her around 8 p.m. and she confirmed, indeed I was pregnant but my HCG was very weak and so she wasn't sure if I was miscarrying or just caught it early. I waited until late that evening when Mike got home to share the news. Over the next few days we did lab work repeatedly to see if my levels were growing. The good (no GREAT) news was that they were and it was indeed a pregnancy was progressing. I'm now 33 weeks along (and baby is 4. 5 lbs and in the 38%). This has been a pregnancy with no complications so far. We learned so much during my pregnancy with Ava that we were able to be proactive in treating conditions. Our little bug is quite the kicker, it's a crazy feeling. Ava kicked, but rarely and not hard like this little one! I've been able to exercise this time around which has kept my joints feeling good - granted, I've still gained too much weight (go figure!). We are welcoming our sweetie pie into the world on August 2nd at 9:30 a.m. if all goes as planned. Now....it's time for the nesting, cleaning, and preparing and of course...spending lots of time with sweet Ava! Here is a sneak peek of our addition (pics taken at 30 weeks):
BTW....She was moving a ton and her chord was in front of her so we had a difficult time with these pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment