Five For Fighting

Here's a tidbit of information that I am willing to bet you don't know about me.....my all-time favorite band is Five for Fighting. My first year of graduate school was the year that their song, Superman, hit the airwaves. You can check out that song here I used to drive home from my classes and relax to the radio. For those of you that had to deal with me during those difficult two years you recognize that I needed all the stress relief I could get. Listening to the sounds of Five For Fighting quickly became the best way to instantly calm me down after a difficult day in class, with work, etc. Since that time I have come to love literally every song they have ever written. This past weekend they gave a free concert at Denver Day of Rock on 16th Street. I'm quite certain they came out because they knew how much I love their music. OK, I'd just like to think for one moment that I am that special. For any of you that ever have the opportunity to see them in concert, do it. They are one of the few performers that have better live music than recorded music.

No comments: