Eiffel Tower





Everyone knows that the Eiffel Tower is the most famous structure in Paris......but did you know that when it was built it was considered the most painful 'eye sore' to the Parisians. They literally thought that this hideous structure had ruined their beautiful city. It was also going to originally placed in Spain. Years later it stands as the highest point in the city. We visited the tower three times. It was an experience to look up at how large it stands! I've been to Paris three times and this is the first time I realized that the tower sparkles at night! No joke! It is obviously lit up but on the hour it starts glimmering with all the white lights. I love simple pleasures in life and that was one of them. The evening that we enjoyed the Eiffel Tower show we picked up some less than delightful and at a local pizzeria and brought it so we could enjoy dinner and the tower at the same time. I'll be honest, we didn't enjoy dinner but we did love the light show!!!!!!

1 comment:

K.C. said...

So incredibly jealous of Paris. Never been and would love to go. It looks like you guys have hit all the sights. If I went, I would be the ultimate tourist. I was cruising through blogs and just sat and stared at your sights of Paris. Hope you had a great time. K.C.