Le Louvre & Versailles





I'll admit, I didn't actually go to the Louvre with Mike. I do enjoy a good museum from time to time but since I had all ready been I decided that Mike and Jake would probably enjoy it more if it were guy time. Hence, Daisie and I journeyed out in the rain to find a McDonalds. Yes, we are true Americans! If any of you have been to The Louvre you know it is a huge museum and it houses the world famous Mona Lisa. What you might not know is that the Mona Lisa is an 11X14 portrait or something around that size. I always imagined it would be this large, grand painting - but in all actuality it's a small portrait of a bizarre looking woman. It's still something everyone needs to see! We also spent a day at Versailles Palace. The palace was just a little bigger than our apartment, just kidding. It's fun to walk on the royal grounds that so many we are familiar with have before. Marie Antionette was the last royalty to live in the palace and as you walk through and take the self-guided audio tour it shows you how she escaped when the palace was being invaded. I saw the movie so I was all ready up to speed on the happenings. The most marvelous part about Versailles is the gardens. They are amazing with three large lakes and mazes of gardens that stretch for miles (at least it seems). Plus, the fountains are amazing. If it weren't so cold I could have sat in them for hours!

No comments: