He's Growing Up So Fast


Doesn’t that statement sound like something a mom would say about her child? Well, I don’t have kids and that statement is about my husband. Mike got a job! Serious, he got a job! As you may be aware Mike graduated from UCSB in June and we moved in July. In August he hit the job trail with many interviews with employers and recruiters. A month ago he interviewed for an accounting position with a company that he was really interested in and last week received a formal, written offer of employment. Just like a proud mom sending their child off to the first day of school I got to send my husband off to his first post college job yesterday. He’s working for Atkins International, you know, like the diet. However, there company isn’t representative of the diet any longer but they are a nutritional company that has saved itself from the depths of bankruptcy. The only thing that remains from the old diet will serve us well. Mike will be bringing home the bacon! (Get it?)

4 comments:

Daisie said...

First of all...you are so entertaining! I love your posts! And YAY FOR MIKE!! So excited for him, hope he loves it there!! And so jealous of your trip to Cache Valley in the fall...I loved your leave pics and especially your descriptions! I hope to someday join you in that fabulous city Denver! So glad you love it there and I can't wait to come visit you there!!

Lori said...

Congratulations on the job, how exciting for you two!

Butterfield Family said...

Congrats to you both! Do we get to see you over the holidays this year?

Courtni said...

CONGRATS!! that is so awesome...especially in this economy!!