Florida 2011

Sea World

Gatorland
I'm Hungry!
Scientific Sessions - where all the latest heart research is revealed to the world
Peabody Hotel - the mirror had a TV in it
Soaked after the Log Ride
The Castle

Hogwarts Express- All Aboard!



Downtown Disney
Mr. Potato Head

Here comes the bride!
Please, don't kill me
Pirates of the Carribean
In November we had the opportunity to travel to Orlando for a quick vacation. Ava stayed at home and was taken care of by my mom. I had a conference that I needed to attend so we thought it'd be a great opportunity for Mike to tag-a-long. We had a great time. First, we got married in the Orlando temple so we had always wanted to go back and visit some sites and eat at the location that we had our wedding dinner again.
Our first day we went to the Magic Kingdom. It was the perfect time of year to go because we didn't have to wait in lines. We were able to quickly breeze through all the rides and then head over and have dinner at the House of Blues in Downtown Disney.
The second day we headed to Universal Studios and enjoyed our time in Harry Potter Land, Jurassic Park, Dr. Seussville, and the Superhero area. The lines were so short with exception of Harry Potter Land. I can't believe how busy it was. I'm not a fan of Harry Potter (I know, how is it possible) but it was really cool to tour the castle and shops. That evening we went to the Everglades. That is where we had our dinner wedding. We had their famous alligator chowder, steak and some yummy dessert.
The next two days I attended Scientific Sessions with some volunteers while Mike continued to enjoy Florida. He went to Gartorland and then to Sea World.
We had a great trip but we definitely missed Ava. She did great at home with my mom but I can definitely say that after 5 days away from here it was a very happy reunion!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Fun update. I love the 6 months age. Except for the hard parts. But anyway, glad you guys got a little vacation. Merry Christmas!